Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by "Peter C. Lai" <pe...@simons-rock.edu> on 2010/06/19 04:20:49 UTC

tcl lib install errors

Hi

I'm seeing the following errors on installation and want to know if they
are significant in any way (trying finalize the build process so we can
commit it to FreeBSD ports tree [it might even get in for 8.1!]). Jeff
doesn't know if these are normal...

Making install in doc
/bin/sh /usr/ports/www/mod_rivet/work/rivet-2.0.0/tclconfig/install-sh -d /var/tmp/mod-rivet/lib/tcl8.5/rivet2.0.0
cp -r rivet/* /var/tmp/mod-rivet/lib/tcl8.5/rivet2.0.0
( cd  /var/tmp/mod-rivet/lib/tcl8.5/rivet2.0.0 ; echo 'eval pkg_mkIndex -verbose [pwd] init.tcl [glob [file join packages * *.tcl] [file join *[info sharedlibextension]]]' | /usr/local/bin/tclsh8.5 ; )
successful sourcing of init.tcl
packages provided were {RivetTcl 1.1}
processed init.tcl
warning: error while sourcing packages/commserver/server.tcl: can't read "argv": no such variable
successful sourcing of packages/commserver/commserver.tcl
packages provided were {commserver 0.1}
processed packages/commserver/commserver.tcl
warning: error while sourcing packages/session/pkgIndex.tcl: can't read "dir": no such variable
successful sourcing of packages/session/session-class.tcl
packages provided were {Session 1.0}
processed packages/session/session-class.tcl
warning: error while sourcing packages/tclrivet/tclrivet.tcl: couldn't load file "/var/tmp/mod-rivet/lib/tcl8.5/rivet2.0.0/packages/tclrivet/../../../src/librivetparser.so": Cannot open "/var/tmp/mod-rivet/lib/tcl8.5/rivet2.0.0/packages/tclrivet/../../../src/librivetparser.so"
warning: error while sourcing packages/tclrivet/pkgIndex.tcl: can't read "dir": no such variable
warning: error while sourcing packages/tclrivet/parse.tcl: can't read "argv": no such variable
successful sourcing of packages/tclrivet/tclrivetparser.tcl
packages provided were {tclrivetparser 0.1}
processed packages/tclrivet/tclrivetparser.tcl
warning: error while sourcing packages/simpledb/pkgIndex.tcl: can't read "dir": no such variable
successful sourcing of packages/simpledb/simpledb.tcl
packages provided were {simpledb 0.1}
processed packages/simpledb/simpledb.tcl
warning: error while sourcing packages/dtcl/pkgIndex.tcl: can't read "dir": no such variable
successful sourcing of packages/dtcl/dtcl.tcl
packages provided were {Dtcl 1.0}
processed packages/dtcl/dtcl.tcl
successful sourcing of packages/rivet_ncgi/rivet_ncgi.tcl
packages provided were {ncgi 1.0}
processed packages/rivet_ncgi/rivet_ncgi.tcl
warning: error while sourcing packages/dio/pkgIndex.tcl: can't read "dir": no such variable
successful sourcing of packages/dio/dio_Oracle.tcl
packages provided were {dio_Oracle 0.1}
processed packages/dio/dio_Oracle.tcl
successful sourcing of packages/dio/dio_Sqlite.tcl
packages provided were {dio_Sqlite 0.1}
processed packages/dio/dio_Sqlite.tcl
successful sourcing of packages/dio/dio_Postgresql.tcl
packages provided were {dio_Postgresql 0.1}
processed packages/dio/dio_Postgresql.tcl
successful sourcing of packages/dio/dio.tcl
packages provided were {DIO 1.0}
processed packages/dio/dio.tcl
successful sourcing of packages/dio/dio_Mysql.tcl
packages provided were {dio_Mysql 0.2}
processed packages/dio/dio_Mysql.tcl
successful sourcing of packages/dio/diodisplay.tcl
packages provided were {DIODisplay 1.0}
processed packages/dio/diodisplay.tcl
successful sourcing of packages/form/form.tcl
packages provided were {form 1.0}
processed packages/form/form.tcl
warning: error while sourcing packages/form/pkgIndex.tcl: can't read "dir": no such variable
successful loading of librivet.so
packages provided were {Rivet 1.1}
processed librivet.so
successful loading of librivetparser.so
packages provided were {rivetparser 0.2}
processed librivetparser.so

Peter C. Lai                 | Bard College at Simon's Rock
Systems Administrator        | 84 Alford Rd.
Information Technology Svcs. | Gt. Barrington, MA 01230 USA
peter AT simons-rock.edu     | (413) 528-7428

Re: tcl lib install errors

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.
Hi Peter

for what i can say by looking at you installation log, these are the harmless
installation errors I was writing about in my previous message to the list. We
had them around from the time rivet moved to autotools, they are no reason to
worry but they confuse the user-packager and we have consider to tweak the
installation procedure soon to let them disappear. I got used to them and
stopped worrying at all after a while....

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 22:20:49 -0400, Peter C. Lai wrote
> Hi
>
> I'm seeing the following errors on installation and want to know if they
> are significant in any way (trying finalize the build process so we
> can commit it to FreeBSD ports tree [it might even get in for 8.1!])
> . Jeff doesn't know if these are normal...

Please would you let me know as soon as you make rivet into FreeBSD? I will
add a link to Rivet's page on FreeBSD in the same way we did for SuSE.

thanks

-- Massimo