Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2005/12/01 19:08:48 UTC

Re: who is verify@0spam.com?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Justin Mason wrote:
 > What I do is confirm those spams.  If they're going to shift the
> work of spam-filtering onto innocent third parties, a "protest vote"
> is appropriate in my opinion.
>
> --j.

Very well said Justin. My own views are a little more harsh, but the principles
are quite similar.

Quoting myself in an off-list message (and correcting a typo):

I view mis-directed CRs, virus notices, and post-delivery spam notices as
indirect spamming through deliberate, and willfully malicious, misconfiguration.
Such admins are trying to solve their spam problems by foisting the problem into
the mailboxes others. I get enough spam without getting notices for all of
theirs too.