Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sanjeev Kakar <SK...@ctisinc.com> on 2010/07/08 19:48:12 UTC

DIH batch job

Hi,

  We are trying to import data from the ORACLE database into Solr 1.4
for free text search and would like to provide a faceted search
experience. There are files on the network which we are indexing as
well.

  We are using the DIH for indexing the data from the database and have
written a batch job for iterating over the network files and indexing
them using Tika 0.7.

  We have a couple of questions:

1)    How do we schedule a batch job using DIH (We need fine granular
access to log any error messages and decide whether to continue or abort
the job)? Is there a patch for Solr 1.5 we can take a look at? Currently
we use Solr 1.4

2)    Can we upgrade the Tika libraries in Solr 1.4 to leverage the
latest tika enhancements and use the Solr Cell module?

  It would be great if you could provide guidance.

Thanks,

Sanjeev Kakar

Re: DIH batch job

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
There is no batch job scheduling in Solr. You will have to script this
with your OS tools (probably the 'cron' program).

Tika is integrated into the DataImportHandler in Solr 1.5. This gives
you flexibility in indexing and is worth extra effort.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com