Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Antonio L. Villanueva" <av...@ptc.com> on 2001/09/22 23:57:54 UTC

retrieving Category references

Here is a really simple question.  I’m still learning this package.

The introduction talks about retrieving references to Categories via a
static method getInstance().  Does this mean I can retrieve instances from
any class running in that JVM?  For example I have a RMI server that spawns
a few threads which I need logging on.  Can I initialize the Categories in
the main server and retrieve them this way in the threads without passing
references to them?  How is this accomplished behind the scenes?