Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Christopher Cheng <ch...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/05 18:04:39 UTC

web service caching

My application takes almost 20 seconds to get the responses back from the
soap server, caching would be a good idea.
Is there any web service responses caching product available in the market?
commerical or open source?

Re: web service caching

Posted by Christopher Cheng <ch...@gmail.com>.
I am wondering whether a JBoss (EJB) with ehcache and stateless session bean
is a bit overkill or should I just setup another proxy for web services.

The proxy will cache the results in disk and return the cached responses if
the logically same requests are received. The proxy of course is just
another Tomcat+CXF on Linux.

Which is a better way?

Re: web service caching

Posted by Christian Vest Hansen <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards,
Christian Vest Hansen.

Antwort: web service caching [Virus checked]

Posted by ja...@external.t-mobile.at.
isn't it enought to go through http proxy and setup caching of required
endpoint there?

different approach:
For some lookup services I'm using caching implemented behind service
bean. This way also in-JVM calls using service spring bean are cached.
JaxWS endpoint is calling implementation behind spring bean. In fact
spring bean is spring aop proxy, which calls my caching interceptor around
invoking real implementation. I simply took xstream to serialize request
object to string and this string is used as key in cache (hashmap) and
value is a real response object (without serialization). It means, that
cache is always returning the same "live" instance.

jano

"Christopher Cheng" <ch...@gmail.com>
06/05/2008 18:04
Bitte antworten an