Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "John J. Berkenpas" <jo...@ivorytower.com> on 2001/05/15 06:02:14 UTC

dom 3 differencing

I saw a post here about dom level 3 and an XML differencing API. Does
anyone know where I can look at w3 for more info (the right part of the
spec would be nice)? I can't seem to find anything.

    john

Re: dom 3 differencing

Posted by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com>.
"John J. Berkenpas" wrote:

> I saw a post here about dom level 3 and an XML differencing API. Does
> anyone know where I can look at w3 for more info (the right part of the
> spec would be nice)? I can't seem to find anything.

I hope I didn't give wrong expectations. Although someone proposed a
full blown comparing and differencing API for the DOM, the WG has chosen
to only provide the basics to perform this kind of operations. See the
proposed extentions to the Node interface in the DOM Core Level 3
Working Draft at:
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Core/core.html#Node3
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - IBM Cupertino, XML Strategy Group