Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/16 23:12:22 UTC

[MENTORS] Re: Add Chris Hillery as a committer to AsterixDB

Jochen,

As a mentor, you should have sufficient karma to make any of this happen.

I am confused a bit by your message since [1] and [2] are not defined.  Can
you say more?

Re: [MENTORS] Re: Add Chris Hillery as a committer to AsterixDB

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
On 2015-10-23 02:44, Chris Hillery wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> wrote:
>
>> I've now requested the creation of the acount for Chris.
>

> FYI - my Apache account was created and I've done initial setup. I never
> did receive any specific confirmation of my account being added as an
> AsterixDB committer, but I just tried pushing a change that had recently
> been reviewed and in fact I was able to do so. So, I think I'm all set to
> go. Thanks everyone!

Good to hear!
And my bad I didn't follow up notifying you after your account was created
(which only is notified to the IPMC private list).
There was some waiting after my request to create your account (just 30 min, so
really not much), during which I got side-tracking with some other
responsibilities, and forgot to pick this up afterwards.

But anyhow, a warm welcome as new AsterixDB committer and PPMC member :)

And as additional and obligatory info I have to direct you to the following
important Apache and Incubator committer documentation pages:

   http://www.apache.org/dev/
   http://incubator.apache.org/guides/committer.html

Finally and FYI, I also added you as committer to the Project status page:

   http://incubator.apache.org/projects/asterixdb.html

Kind regards,

Ate

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
Good news. Thanks for the info.

Posted by Chris Hillery <ch...@hillery.land>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
On 2015-10-20 21:12, Ate Douma wrote:
> On 2015-10-20 16:49, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 3:00 AM, Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I remember being overwhelmed when first in your position. This is normal.
>>> Happens to everyone.
>>>
>>> See here:
>>>
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html
>>
>> Thanks. This suggests that (being no member of the Incibator PMC) I
>> don't have the necessary Karma. Perhaps you do?
>
> That's a surprise.
> AFAIK every mentor is supposed and required to be on the IPMC.
> For an ASF Member this is just a formality and you just need to ask on general@,
> so I suggest you do!
>
> For now I'll look into getting Chris added as committer.

I've now requested the creation of the acount for Chris.
Which turned out to be something you could have done yourself as well, as it
requires an ASF Member or PMC Chair to do, IPMC membership is (for this) not needed.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Jochen,