Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by gavin <ga...@ehost.com.au> on 2000/02/29 09:20:39 UTC

Help installing cocoon class not found error

When ever i try and run  Cocoon.xml or one of the samples I get the
following message
I think i have set everything up as installation instructions

any help would be apreciated

  I am running redhat linux , blackdown 1.1.8 jdk  apache 1.3.6  and apache
jserv

  thanks

  gavin stilgoe

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
org.apache.cocoon.formatter.XMLFormatter: make sure the

needed classes can be found in the classpath
(org/apache/xml/serialize/SerializerFactory)
 at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:102)
 at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Router.java:80)
 at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:89)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.(Engine.java:161)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:190)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:119)
 at
org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.load_init(JServServletManager.java:569)
 at
org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.loadServlet(JServServletManager.java:48
8)
 at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:266)
 at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)