Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Björn Kremer <bk...@patorg.de> on 2011/03/01 14:47:39 UTC

[Lucene.Net] releasedate for Lucene.NET 3.0

Hi,

ist there a releasedate for Lucene.NET 3.0 or a roadmap? When is
Lucene.NET released official?(Without incubator state)

Thank You
Björn

Re: [Lucene.Net] releasedate for Lucene.NET 3.0

Posted by Troy Howard <th...@gmail.com>.
Björn,

As far as a release schedule for a 3.X release goes.. Realistically,
it's not likely to be ready until sometime in the later half of this
year.

As you found in the blog article mentioned, the project was going
through some difficult times last year. Since that time, the project
has seen a lot of improvement. We've had a fresh start with a new
group of committers and are back on track to start developing new
releases. Unfortunately, there is a lot of cleaning up and catching up
that we have to do before we can get back in sync with Java Lucene's
releases.

If you'd like to get involved with developing Lucene.Net, we can still
use a lot of help. Some of the things we're focused on now are setting
up a more automated way of creating the line-by-line ports, getting
caught up to match the Java Lucene releases (3.X), and designing a new
API and refining the existing implementation to fully take advantage
of the .NET runtime and the C# language.

There's a lot of ways someone could help out right now. We need
everything from core code contributions to unit tests, documentation,
HTML/CSS work on the project website, infrastructure coding for a CI
server, and basic administrative and management tasks like keeping up
with the issue tracker.

The first step to getting involved would be to read over the history
of the development mailing list for the past month or so, and review
the JIRA issue tracker for current open issues. If there's not an
issue for something that you think should be, feel free to enter it
in.

As usual feel free to post any questions to the list.

Thanks,
Troy

Posted by Björn Kremer <bk...@patorg.de>.
Hello Michael,