Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/04 10:06:15 UTC

DocumentBuilderFactory

Folks,

Completely replacing the the disaster I submitted before, I have a DOM
factory that works this time.  The new block and service are :

    org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.dom.DOMBuilderFactory
    org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.dom.DocumentBuilderFactory

For configuration, things like either of the following can be specified
as the "domClass" configuration :

    org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
    org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl

The service interface specified here is a clone of the methods exposed
in the abstract class of the same name in javax.xml.parser.  This was
princiallly because that class has the controvercial  public static
method newInstance().

Regards,

- Paul H