Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Elizabeth Thomas <em...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/17 05:57:51 UTC

Help on running JUnit test cases on Hadoop-Common-trunk

Folks,

I am getting started on the
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute section
of Hadoop.

I attempted to run all the unit test cases on a fresh checked-out code from
the hadoop common trunk
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/trunk: revision -
1513368). But I am seem to be getting the following
failures/errors.

Results :

Failed tests:
testGracefulFailoverFailBecomingActive(org.apache.hadoop.ha.TestZKFailoverController):
Did not fail to graceful failover when target failed to become active!

testGracefulFailoverFailBecomingStandby(org.apache.hadoop.ha.TestZKFailoverController):
expected:<1> but was:<0>

testGracefulFailoverFailBecomingStandbyAndFailFence(org.apache.hadoop.ha.TestZKFailoverController):
Failover should have failed when old node wont fence
  testCachingRelaysResolveQueries(org.apache.hadoop.net.TestStaticMapping):
Expected two entries in the map Mapping: cached switch mapping relaying to
static mapping with single switch = false(..)

testCachingCachesNegativeEntries(org.apache.hadoop.net.TestStaticMapping):
Expected two entries in the map Mapping: cached switch mapping relaying to
static mapping with single switch = false(..)
  testResolve(org.apache.hadoop.net.TestTableMapping): expected:</[rack1]>
but was:</[default-rack]>
  testTableCaching(org.apache.hadoop.net.TestTableMapping):
expected:</[rack1]> but was:</[default-rack]>
  testClearingCachedMappings(org.apache.hadoop.net.TestTableMapping):
expected:</[rack1]> but was:</[default-rack]>
  testNormalizeHostName(org.apache.hadoop.net.TestNetUtils):
expected:<[67.215.65.145]> but was:<[UnknownHost123]>

Tests in error:
  testGracefulFailover(org.apache.hadoop.ha.TestZKFailoverController): test
timed out after 25000 milliseconds
  testChgrp(org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestFsShellReturnCode): test timed out
after 30000 milliseconds

Is there a pre-requisite for running these JUnit test cases? or any service
to be up and running on my Ubuntu machine?

As given in the contribute section, I would like to get the unit cases to
run successfully before I start compiling my patch changes.

Could anybody help here?

Thanks in advance,
Elizabeth

Re: Help on running JUnit test cases on Hadoop-Common-trunk

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Elizabeth,

 Welcome to Apache Hadoop!

 This seems like we either have broken or flaky tests (TestZKFailoverController).

 Looks like you are already engaged on HADOOP-9745. If you are feeling adventurous, we'd love to get your help in fixing them too.

thanks,
Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy