Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by loredana loredana <lo...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/29 16:22:47 UTC

2 tomcat beginer problems

1. I have installed tomcat 6.0.14. Everytime I make a modification in a jsp page I either have to rename the file or delete the jsp from work directory in order to see the modifications. How can I make jsp reload automatically? So that if I make a modifications in my jsp, a simple refresh page will make me see the modifications? for now I modified web.xml and set keepgenerated to false but I don't think that's the best solution.

2. the ol' "how to execute!! a servlet on tomcat startup". I need to execute a servlet on tomcat startup. I googled the problem but all I could find is how to load the servlet with load-on-startup. load on startup only calls the init method. but I would need to call the doGet method. I can't call the doGet method from init cause I need the parameters. So is there actually any way to execute a servlet on startup?

10x a lot!

RE: 2 tomcat beginer problems

Posted by Auke Noppe <au...@gmail.com>.
You could initiate the request and response by hand and call de doGet method
and pass your own response and request. And of course set your params in the
request or response.

[...]

13:58

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
13:58

Re: 2 tomcat beginer problems

Posted by Grzegorz Borkowski <gr...@o2.pl>.
Why do you want to call doGet on init? it looks like invalid approach.
You hava init method for this, or application listeners; doGet is for
handling HTTP requests, not for initializing servler...
G.