Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi> on 2016/03/13 21:17:32 UTC

[REPORT] Apache OODT - March 2016

DESCRIPTION

Apache OODT is a software framework as well as an architectural style for
the
rapid construction of scientific data systems.  It provides components for
data capture, curation, metadata extraction, workflow management, resource
management, and data processing.

RELEASES/DEVELOPMENT

- Last release was 0.12 on Feb 19th 2016

We resolved 4 issues for this release.

0.12 was a out of band release for OODT initially the scope was an
emergency patch
for an API issue, but in preparing for the release we also addressed 3
major issues
relating to the the Solr integration for OODT.

We have decided to switch to a rough quarterly release schedule to help
keep the
code active and make sure that commits that get pushed to the project get
released
in a timely manner, which will give contributors more confidence about when
their
patches will end up in the stable codebase.

February was a busy month on the mailing list with a number of new users
showing up
and triggering the Solr patches and general questions about OODT usage.

The project is specific in its design but we have been working on
advertising
to a larger crowd for less scientific based data management to draw a
larger
audience and userbase.

At ApacheCon we have 1 presentation and 2 tutorials scheduled for Apache
OODT which
we hope will drive awareness to wider audiences.

As ever it would be nice to see fresh blood on the project helping to
increase the
development effort on the platform, but the software itself is stable and
well used.

COMMUNITY

Latest committers and PMC members
Radu Maonle(radumanole) on 28 Oct 2015 as committer and PMC member

Last committer and PMC member added on 28th October 2015.