Posted to user@hive.apache.org by vaibhav negi <ss...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/09 15:44:19 UTC

HIVE Query : concurrent map reduce jobs

Hi ,

I am using hadoop 0.20.2 .  I have configured for fair scheduler in hadoop .
Now when i fire two queries simultaneously , each running map reduce ,
second query waits for map/reduce task slots until first query release some
.  many a times queries are over big data ~ 500 GB , so second query has to
wait for a long time to get its turn . Is there any way to control maximum
number of  map/reduce slots to be used by a specific job ?

Thanks and Regards

Vaibhav Negi