Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by David Goldfield <dg...@asb.org> on 2014/05/01 17:56:46 UTC

OpenOffice Crashing When Opening Some *.doc files/a Bit Better

OK, I totally uninstalled OO4.1, removed everything in my user folder (not sure if that was necessary) and did a total reinstall.
The "little women" file does open but there is a long pause and Writer is unresponsive for around half a minute.  When I left the window for a while and went back in, the file was open and I could read with no issues.  I'm not sure what's going on; I'm using Win7, 32-bit, 4 GB of Ram.

Re: OpenOffice Crashing When Opening Some *.doc files/a Bit Better

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
You could go to your configuration settings and allocate more memory to use.
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Writer_Guide/Choosing_options_for_OOo

On 5/1/14, David Goldfield <dg...@asb.org> wrote:
> OK, I totally uninstalled OO4.1, removed everything in my user folder (not
> sure if that was necessary) and did a total reinstall.
> The "little women" file does open but there is a long pause and Writer is
> unresponsive for around half a minute.  When I left the window for a while
> and went back in, the file was open and I could read with no issues.  I'm
> not sure what's going on; I'm using Win7, 32-bit, 4 GB of Ram.

Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor