Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Shankar Narayenen <Sh...@infosys.com> on 2002/12/31 06:22:30 UTC

Data Validation in Excel '97

Hi all,

I've been working with the POI 1.8 dev base and I have a quick question
regarding BiFF8 data validation. As far as I can see POI, currently,
does not support data validation in excel. Nevertheless, I am sure some
research has been done in this front.

I created an excel sheet with a number of data validations; using the
biffviewer (for excel 97) released by Microsoft, I saved the hex dump
and also checked through the hex dump generated by BiffViewer. I was not
able to find out the data validation header/footer. I do not have the
Excel '97 dev kit, so, I'd really appreciate if anyone can share your
thoughts on how to identify the data validation tags in BIFF8. Thanks
for your time.

Regards,
Shankar.