Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sagar Naik <sn...@attributor.com> on 2008/12/17 20:04:22 UTC

Does datanode acts as readonly in case of DiskFull ?

Hi ,

I would like to know what happens in case of DiskFull on a datanode
Does the datanode acts as block server only ?

Does it rejects anymore Block creation request OR Namenode does not list
it for new blocks

Hadoop 18
-Sagar

Re: Does datanode acts as readonly in case of DiskFull ?

Posted by Sagar Naik <sn...@attributor.com>.
Raghu Angadi wrote:
> Sagar Naik wrote:
>> Hi ,
>>
>> I would like to know what happens in case of DiskFull on a datanode
>> Does the datanode acts as block server only ?
>
> Yes. I think so.
>
>> Does it rejects anymore Block creation request OR Namenode does not
>> list it for new blocks
>
> yes. NN will not allocate it any more blocks.
>
> Did you notice anything different? (which is quite possible).

Thanks Raghu.
I dont knw yet. But I am approaching this condition.
I will mail in case of discrepancy

-Sagar

Posted by Raghu Angadi <ra...@yahoo-inc.com>.