Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rishikant Snigh <so...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/19 07:11:39 UTC

Solr cloud with different JVM size nodes

Hello everyone,

I am planning to create a a solr cloud with 16GB and 32GB nodes.
Some what to create an underneath pseudo cluster -
32G to hold historical data(got high field cache).
16G to hold regular collections.

NOTE - Shards of collection placed on 16G will never be placed on 32G and
vice versa.

Do you guys see an impact ?

Thanks, Rishi

Re: Solr cloud with different JVM size nodes

Posted by Emir Arnautović <em...@sematext.com>.
Hi Rishi,
It is not uncommon to have tiers in your cluster assuming you weighted if it is the best choice.

I would remind you that 32GB is not a good heap size since you cannot use compressed OOPS. Check what is the limit of your JVM but 30GB is a safe bet.
Also, what did you mean be “got high field cache”?

Thanks,
Emir