Posted to jcp-open@apache.org by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/05 20:00:16 UTC

Apache OpenJPA access to TCK

Hi,
I tried going the Infra JIRA [1] route first, but was told that an email to
this address was the proper channel for my request.  Here's what my JIRA
request:

"Due to project attrition, the Apache OpenJPA project has lost its ability
to run the JPA TCK. According to our wiki [1] and a side discussion with
David Blevins, it sounds like we as Apache Committers should be able to
request access to the TCK. Unfortunately, the links provided for the Apache
NDA and JCP participation seem "non-responsive" [2,3]. So, is this ability
to access and run the TCKs still available to Apache developers? And, if
so, what is the process to gain access?

The OpenJPA project recently produced a new release. This is when the issue
surfaced. Luckily, we were able to locate somebody that had access to the
TCK to execute it for us this one time (only). He strongly suggested we
follow up with ASF to figure out a long term solution.

Thanks for your help!
Kevin Sutter
Apache OpenJPA PMC

[1] http://openjpa.apache.org/running-the-sun-tck-for-jpa.html
[2] http://www.apache.org/jcp/
[3] http://www.apache.org/jcp/ApacheNDA.pdf"

Can you help me with resolving this issue?

Thanks,
Kevin Sutter
Apache OpenJPA PMC

Re: Apache OpenJPA access to TCK

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 5, 2012, at 11:28 AM, Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Mark!  Not trying to be snide, but is this process documented anywhere?  I've been searching on the Apache sites and haven't been able to find this information.

There's been a certain amount of attrition on this process as well.  Any committer can update the website, so contribution welcome :)

-David

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks again, Mark.  I had not found this particular page yet.  It does
have much of the information that I was looking for.  I'll review it and
update it, if necessary.

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.