Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Jennifer Barnabee <je...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/03 13:22:05 UTC

Two more updated video tutorials

Hello NiFi Dev Team -
I've created two more updated NiFi tutorial videos. These are updates to
the "How to Build a Flow" videos - parts 1 & 2 -- that I did before, but
now with the new user interface. You can find the links below, along with
the embed code - in case you want to use them.

I have a question about my use of the Apache NiFi logo in the beginning. Is
that acceptable? Do I need to add any type of copyright or anything with
that? I figured I should ask here - in case others might want to know. I
read the information about the ASF trademark policies, and I saw the
copyright for that logo on the NiFi web site. But I didn't see anything
specifically for the Apache NiFi logo. Do I use the same verbiage? I can
easily update the videos to either remove the logo or add whatever is
appropriate.

Thanks.
-Jenn

*How to Build a Flow Part 1 *- https://youtu.be/bzqP-Loyq-Y

Embed code:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
https://www.youtube.com/embed/bzqP-Loyq-Y" frameborder="0"
allowfullscreen></iframe>

*How to Build a Flow Part 2 *- https://youtu.be/YVMUnfjMGVk

Embed code:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
https://www.youtube.com/embed/YVMUnfjMGVk" frameborder="0"
allowfullscreen></iframe>

Re: Two more updated video tutorials

Posted by Jennifer Barnabee <je...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Joe & Joe!
I've added that text to the descriptions on the videos.

Cheers,
Jenn

Posted by Russell Bateman <ru...@windofkeltia.com>.
I don't want to spam this forum unduly, but I want to say that what
you're doing, Jenn, is hugely appreciated. I pass your links out. I'm a
developer of custom processors mostly and really was writing processors
to solve problems months before trying to write actual, production flows
of any consequence. Eventually, I was embarrassed to admit to my
down-streamers that I just wrote the processors, I didn't know much
about templates, process groups and actually using the very processors I
was writing. So, I know that when I started trying to use the NiFi UI
for real, I found your stuff invaluable. Thank you for these!

Russ

Posted by Joe Percivall <jp...@apache.org>.
Jenn,

--