Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by René Scholz <re...@abakus-edv-systems.de> on 2019/07/08 08:50:46 UTC

Kurento TURN-Server

Hello,

I try to use Kurentu as TURN-Server, cause I am behind a firewall.

Ubuntu 18.04, Kurento installed with apt, not the docker-version

When my OM5-device is in my Intranet it works without
conf-modifications. I think this is the STUN-configuration.
When I put it in my DMZ, switch the firewall that 5443 and 8888 goes
through, I see the whiteboard but not the video and audio.

So I try to switch Kurento to TURN-Server.

I find the line in the WebRtcEndpoint.conf.ini
turnURL=<User>:<Pass>@<IpAddress>:<Port>[?transport=<Transport>]

Can anyone give me an example what I have to write there?

Is the "user" my local User which Kurento is running with? Or is it a
User who exists on my system?
Is with IP my (static) public-IP?
And which port is the right one here? 5443? Or 8888?

I will be very happy it somybody can help me.

With best regards,

René

Re: OM5-Kurento-Coturn

Posted by Juan Antonio Moreno Carmona <ja...@gmail.com>.
I am happy that is was useful for you.

Re: OM5-Kurento-Coturn

Posted by René Scholz <re...@abakus-edv-systems.de>.
Hello Juan,

Re: OM5-Kurento-Coturn

Posted by Juan Antonio Moreno Carmona <ja...@gmail.com>.
This is a great idea. I use KeePassXC to generate random passwords but I
had not thought about changing them regularly. Thanks.

Re: OM5-Kurento-Coturn

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: OM5-Kurento-Coturn

Posted by Juan Antonio Moreno Carmona <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: OM5-Kurento-Coturn

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
As I wrote multiple times

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

OM5-Kurento-Coturn

Re: Kurento TURN-Server

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Usually turnUrl is EXTERNAL_IP:PORT and it depends on how you turn
server is configured ...

On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 at 20:15, René Scholz

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Kurento TURN-Server