Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/27 10:50:21 UTC

[VOTE] Release of CLI 1.2 RC3

Gary's regression bug is fixed. So voting again.

Tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/cli/tags/cli-1.2-RC3

Site remains unchanged:

http://people.apache.org/~bayard/cli-1.2-rc1

Binaries:

http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/cli/1.2/RC3/staged/commons-cli/commons-cli/1.2/

[ ] +1 release it
[ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
[ ] -1 no, do not release it because

Re: [VOTE] Release of CLI 1.2 RC3

Posted by Russel Winder <ru...@concertant.com>.
Henri

As previously, I built a commons-cli-1.2.jar from the branch rather than
the tag, so I am not really testing the RC-3 per se -- but they should
be identical :-)

Groovy and Gant both pass all their tests fine as far as I can see.

If I get a vote, I vote for release.

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 01:50 -0800, Henri Yandell wrote:
> Gary's regression bug is fixed. So voting again.
>

> Tag:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/cli/tags/cli-1.2-RC3
>
> Site remains unchanged:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~bayard/cli-1.2-rc1
>
> Binaries:
>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/cli/1.2/RC3/staged/commons-cli/commons-cli/1.2/
>
> [ ] +1 release it
> [ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
> [ ] -1 no, do not release it because

Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077

Re: [VOTE] Release of CLI 1.2 RC3

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Henri,

Henri Yandell wrote at Samstag, 28. Februar 2009 21:15:

> I've fixed the first one - or should have (as I'm not setup to test).
> Not a blocker on release though imo.

Agreed.

> The second does not look like it'll have come about due to new code -
> it was an attempt to increase code coverage so the bug is extremely
> likely to already exist in 1.0, 1.1 etc. Not a blocker I think.

As this only happens on one vendor's JDK, you're right.

So +1 for the release.

However, I am still wondering, how this test can fail at all with the result
below.

- Jörg

Re: [VOTE] Release of CLI 1.2 RC3

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release of CLI 1.2 RC3

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Henry,

Re: [VOTE] Release of CLI 1.2 RC3

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release of CLI 1.2 RC3

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Henri,

Re: [VOTE] Release of CLI 1.2 RC3

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Henri Yandell schrieb:
> Something to fix - but I don't think this is a blocker on release. The
> only difference I can see is the extra newline at the end of one case
> and not the other, which is cosmetic as far as a user is concerned.

I created an issue [1] and attached a patch that fixes the problem by
using the OS-specific line terminator in the tests.

I think, this should be added for the release because it would be a
shame if one cannot build the source distribution under windows.

Oliver

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLI-175

Re: [VOTE] Release of CLI 1.2 RC3

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release of CLI 1.2 RC3

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Random guess - the PrintWriter API is putting platform specific stuff
in for \n, so the StringWriter is not the same while on Windows.

Re: [VOTE] Release of CLI 1.2 RC3

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.