Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2001/01/11 07:38:09 UTC

BugRat Report #737 has been filed.

Bug report #737 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/737>

REPORT #737 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: serious
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: tomcat3.2.1
   JVM Release: jdk1.3
   Operating System: Windows -NT
   OS Release: 4
   Platform: NT

Synopsis:
Unable to Unwrap the WAR file if placed in different context. And not reading the web.xml file.

I have installed tomcat in D:\jakarta-tomcat3.2.1
I am running this in stand alone mode & it is working fine.
But if I add a new Context in a diffrent drive f:\webapps\mycontext in server.xml file, it is not unwraping the .war file. If I mannually unwrap & copy the contents it is recognizing the index.html. But not reading the web.xml file & failling to load the servlet. Same .war if I put in D:\jakarta-tomcat3.2.1\webapps\mycontext it is unwrapping & working fine.

NOTE: D:\ & F:\ are partitions on my hard disk.(Not network drives)