Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Thomas Markus <t....@proventis.net> on 2011/01/25 15:32:00 UTC

upgrade spring in cocoon 2.2

hi,

i'm trying to use cocoon 2.2 with latest spring release. jetty start
fails with

java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.apache.cocoon.tools.rcl.springreloader.SynchronizedConfigureableWebApplicationContext.setId(Ljava/lang/String;)V

i found this change in org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-maven-plugin:1.0.0
but this is not released. i tried to build that version (svn tag
checkout) but that fails (inkonsistent parents, one is cocoon:8, another
cocoon:5 aso)

is there a repository with a current cocoon 2.2 version released?

regards
Thomas

Re: upgrade spring in cocoon 2.2

Posted by Andre Juffer <an...@oulu.fi>.
Thomas,

as far as I now, cocoon 2.2 will not work with Spring 3. Another person
on this email list did work on the same issue and he (they) had to write
a lot of additional code to get it to work. I also would like to see
that an update of cocoon 2.2 becomes available that works well with
recent versions of the various libraries, including Spring. I am sure
there are others.

Somebody:

In general, what is the current situation of cocoon 2.2 and cocoon 3? As
far as I can see, the further development of cocoon stopped completely.
Hopefully, somebody, preferable one of the developers, can shed some
light on the situation.

best,
André