Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Octavian Rasnita <or...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/13 08:41:35 UTC

installing another Apache version

Hi,

I want to install Apache with mod_perl on a server where Apache and mod_perl
are already installed and running.
Is it possible to install Apache (listening on a different port than the
installed version) with mod_perl, in order to test it, but without stopping
the already installed Apache version?
Do I also need to install perl in another location for this?

Thanks.

Octavian

Re: installing another Apache version

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> Is it possible to install Apache (listening on a different port than the
> installed version) with mod_perl, in order to test it, but without
> stopping the already installed Apache version?

Yes.  I have several versions on my system and none of them interact
with each other.

> Do I also need to install perl in another location for this?

No.  You just install apache at a different location and point mod_perl
to it when you run Makefile.PL.

- Perrin