Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Babu Naidu <pb...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/13 16:12:25 UTC

Running buildr in Debug mode

Hi,

I wanted to debug one of the extensions a ruby class by using IntelliJ, so I
installed required gems for Jruby and IDE, however the debugger expects a
ruby script. I wanted execute one of buildr goals and set a breakpoint in my
class to stop the debugger in my class, I can't find any information on how
to do this.

Is there a way to run buildr in debug mode and debug ruby code? How do
buildr developers debug ruby code?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Babu

Re: Running buildr in Debug mode

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
The "_buildr" file (with underscore prefix) in your gem installation is the
Ruby bootstrap script so you could point your debugger to it.

e.g. /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/buildr-1.3.5/_buildr  (on Linux)

alex