Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Peter Shipley <ps...@nomensa.com> on 2004/05/30 19:48:20 UTC

RNG Validation Failure for custom doctype

I can't tell what I have done wrong but I am trying to add a custom
doctype and enable ir be used in the forms editor.

I have created the rng schema/doctype/editor xsl but I think my basic
rng schema is flawed. Any ideas ?

This is my rng which is an adaptation from the lenya ones. I know the
xhtml include is not really necessary but it solves the text tag
dependancy I believe.

<grammar ns="http://www.nomensa.com/2004/news"
          xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0"
          xmlns:lenya="http://apache.org/cocoon/lenya/page-envelope/1.0"
          xmlns:dcterms="http://purl.org/dc/terms/"
          xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
          xmlns:news="http://www.nomensa.com/2004/news"

<include href="lenya.rng"/>

<!-- include original XHTML transitional schema -->
  <include href="xhtml/xhtml-basic.rng"/>
   <define name="news">
     <element name="news">
       <ref name="lenya.meta"/>
     </element>
   </define>
</grammar>

My sample xml file is :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<news xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
xmlns:dcterms="http://purl.org/dc/terms/"
xmlns:lenya="http://apache.org/cocoon/lenya/page-envelope/1.0"
dcterms:dummy="FIXME:keepNamespace" lenya:dummy="FIXME:keepNamespace"
xmlns="http://www.nomensa.com/2004/news">
     <lenya:meta>
         <dc:title>dctitle</dc:title>
         <dc:creator>Peter Shipley</dc:creator>
         <dc:subject>dcsubject</dc:subject>
         <dc:description>Abstract that can be used on an overview
page</dc:description>
         <dc:publisher/>
         <dc:contributor/>
         <dc:date>2003-5-21</dc:date>
         <dc:type/>
         <dc:format/>
         <dc:identifier/>
         <dc:source/>
         <dc:language>en</dc:language>
         <dc:relation/>
         <dc:coverage/>
         <dc:rights>dcrights</dc:rights>
     </lenya:meta>
     <headline>News Item Created</headline>
     <subheading>Brand new news item just created!</subheading>
     <content>
	    Congratualations on inserting your new news item
	    This should conform to xhtml in this content area
      </content>
</news>

I am trying to get a few specific news-related items only and utilise
the lenya meta data to hold the other useful info for a news item such
as created by, date, etc.

Anything obviously wrong with these files ?

The forms editor fails because of RNG validation:

RELAX NG Validation failed:
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.18/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/nomensa/work/editor/authoring/news/news1/index_en.xml.validate.unnumber:2:223:
error: unknown element "news" from namespace
"http://www.nomensa.com/2004/news"