Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Lance Frohman <lf...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/26 22:14:34 UTC

source code in obr

Sorry if this was already covered, but I could not find much information on
it.
We are using OBR, and I want to allow the source code of bundles to be
available. The OBR documentation mentions this. The felix web site
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-osgi-bundle-repository.html
says
Bundle Source Packaging - Coming soon...
Can anyone point me to information on the correct way to include the
bundles source code when adding / retrieving a bundle with OBR?

thanks,
Lance

Re: source code in obr

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 4/26/11 16:14, Lance Frohman wrote:
> Sorry if this was already covered, but I could not find much information on
> it.
> We are using OBR, and I want to allow the source code of bundles to be
> available. The OBR documentation mentions this. The felix web site
> http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-osgi-bundle-repository.html
> says
> Bundle Source Packaging - Coming soon...
> Can anyone point me to information on the correct way to include the
> bundles source code when adding / retrieving a bundle with OBR?

Technically, this doesn't really require any support from OBR, you just
need to define a <source> tag in your resources with a URL to the source
tar ball. If you have that and assuming you are using Gogo with the
Felix commands, then you can use the "source" command to download and/or
extract source files:

g! help obr:source

source - retrieve resource source code from repository
    scope: obr
    flags:
       -x, --extract   extract source code
    parameters:
       File   local target directory
       String[]   ( <bundle-name> | <symbolic-name> | <bundle-id>
)[@<version>] ...
g!

In the old days, this use to describe a packaging structure that allowed
you do download the source directly into your project so it would
integrate and build, but it is no longer so ambitious.

-> richard

Re: source code in obr

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.