Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Dan Hill <qu...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/25 03:35:24 UTC

Best way to resolve bottlenecks with Flink?

My job has very slow throughput.  What are the best signals that will
indicate if there are performance issues?

Is there an overall health summary that would indicate the most likely
issues impacting performance?

I found a variety of pages and metrics.  I resolved some of the
backpressure in my job.  I looked at memory issues.  My direct "Outside
JVM" is full (but I'm not sure if that's normal).

Re: Best way to resolve bottlenecks with Flink?

Posted by Khachatryan Roman <kh...@gmail.com>.
The closest thing is the backpressure status which you mentioned.
From there, you can troubleshoot specific subtasks by inspecting their
metrics.
There is no health summary in Flink at the moment.

Regards,
Roman