Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org> on 2008/06/11 15:14:20 UTC

Hardcoded Version (was Continuum deployment of studio)

Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
>  Hi Felix,
>
>  Actually, it would be better if we don't change the version number on
this project.
>  It is used and bundled in the Apache DS plugin, and the version is
hardcoded in the coded of the plugin (sorry but it was needed and I had
no other solution)...

Is it in the apacheds/.../ApacheDsPluginUtils.java?

What about reading this things
- String APACHEDS_VERSION = "1.5.2"
- String[] apachedsLibraries
from a properties file located somewhere in the resource folder and
having the resource file filtered with the wanted version?

Felix

Re: Hardcoded Version

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> This could be a solution, but I think this will be a problem when we
> try the plugins (Run and Debug) within Eclipse, as the placeholder
> will not be replaced by its value...
>
> WDYT ?

I've absolutely no idea if it works or not :-)
If I find some time I'll give it a try later.

Re: Hardcoded Version

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.

Re: Hardcoded Version

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.

Re: Hardcoded Version (was Continuum deployment of studio)

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
FYI, this is what we do for ADS.

Alex