Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Scott Lewis <sl...@composent.com> on 2017/05/17 22:55:20 UTC

materialize bundles?

Is there any easy way (e.g. console or mvn command) to materialize all
the bundles/versions in a given running instance of Karaf and put them
as jars into a target directory?

Re: materialize bundles?

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
bundle:watch * is also very useful. See
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/#_watch

So while debugging you can do mvn install on the single project after
making changes to it. Karaf will then automatically updated the bundle(s)
you built. This even works without disconnecting the debugger.

So in practice the debugging experience is not much worse than with the pde.

Christian

> One more question:
>
> The pom you pointed me to:
>
> https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/master/assemblies/apach
> e-karaf-minimal/pom.xml#L102-L148
>
> Seems to be the 'karaf minimal' or 'karaf boot' (not sure if these are the
> same thing), but the version appears to be 4.2...which is not out yet.
>  When is the expected release of karaf minimal/boot?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott
>

> On 5/18/2017 4:48 PM, Scott Lewis wrote:
>
>> On 5/18/2017 3:26 PM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>>
>>> The karaf maven plugin is perfectly suited to create custom
>>> distributions.
>>>

>> We do use it to create the karaf official distributions, so unless
>>> something is missing, I'd suggest having a look at it.
>>> See for example:
>>> https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/master/assemblies/apach
>>> e-karaf-minimal/pom.xml#L102-L148
>>>

>> Ok, thanks.   Is there some further support for
>> developing/debugging/testing to these and other features...e.g. in Eclipse
>> and/or other IDE?  e.g. target platform?
>>
>> Excepting bndtools, which I know about.
>>
>> Scott

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com
<https://owa.talend.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=3aa4083e0c744ae1ba52bd062c5a7e46&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.talend.com>

Re: materialize bundles?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Scott,

it's here:

http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/karaf/apache-karaf-minimal/

I will update the download page with it too.

Regards
JB

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: materialize bundles?

Posted by Scott Lewis <sl...@composent.com>.

Re: materialize bundles?

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
karaf-minimal is just a smaller distro then the normal karaf. It is
released for each version of karaf. I guess Guillaume pointed you to this

Re: materialize bundles?

Posted by Scott Lewis <sl...@composent.com>.
One more question:

Re: materialize bundles?