Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2019/01/18 14:32:41 UTC

Trying Out JDK Early Access builds

Hi all,

As part of evaluating how far along various popular open source projects
are regarding testing with upcoming JDK releases, developers are regularly
asked to consider participating in the OpenJDK Quality Outreach [1][2]
effort that Rory (CC:ed, as the OpenJDK Quality Group Lead) leads.

Through that effort, more community testing of JDK Early Access (EA) builds
are being encouraged, and to assist those projects that participate in
filing, tracking, and (hopefully) resolving issues they find along the way.
Currently, about 100 FOSS projects participate in the effort.

So it would be great if we'd take a chance to try out our projects that we
develop with NetBeans with JDK 11, JDK 12, or JDK 13, as well as NetBeans
itself, and if we run into any JDK-related showstopper issues, file them
against the JDK.

Last but not least, you're invited to join the Quality Outreach effort with
your projects. Rory can fill you in on the details of how it all works.

Thanks, comments welcome, and also feel free to reach out to Rory directly.

Gj

[1] https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/quality/Quality+Outreach
[2]
https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/download/attachments/21430310/TheWisdomOfCrowdTestingOpenJDK.pdf

Re: Trying Out JDK Early Access builds

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Hi Emi,

https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/security/securityemail-090378.html

Have a look at the above link, I hope that helps.

Rgds,Rory

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Hi Emi,

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.