Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by blue <bl...@calico.gator.net> on 2000/07/28 23:21:23 UTC

itanium builds

has anyone taken advantage of sourceforge's itanium boxes to try compiling
apache?

--
        Blue Lang                              Unix Systems Admin
        QSP, Inc., 3200 Atlantic Ave, Ste 100, Raleigh, NC, 27604

Re: itanium builds

Posted by Mark J Cox <ma...@awe.com>.
> has anyone taken advantage of sourceforge's itanium boxes to try compiling
> apache?

We've got a 4-way IA-64 box here running Red Hat Linux that works with
Apache just fine.  There was a couple of problems getting PHP running on
it, but we sent a fix to Rasmus.  Most things like mod_ssl, OpenSSL, Perl
and so on work fine too (although OpenSSL isn't optimised yet)

Mark
Mark J Cox, .......................................... www.awe.com/mark
Apache Software Foundation ..... OpenSSL Group ..... Apache Week editor

Re: itanium builds

Posted by Bill Stoddard <re...@attglobal.net>.
Paul Reder has an Apache port running on a version of AIX that runs on itanium hardware (project
Monterey, if that means anything to you).  Wasn't a very difficult port to accomodate (not exploit)
the 64 bit hardware. Will be checking in the port when Monterey becomes available.  I suspect a
Linux port would not be substantially different.

Bill

Re: itanium builds

Posted by James Sutherland <ja...@cam.ac.uk>.