Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Curtis Dougherty <cu...@businessthreads.com> on 2001/08/16 00:48:12 UTC

I can't get TOMCAT 4b6 and IIS5 to work over SSL

I have Tomcat 4b6
IIS 5
Win2K

I have the redirect working...I think
I have an SSL Certificate installed and working on my Win2K box

When I request the INDEX.JSP page from my site
https://mysite.someplace.com/fooey
I GET the file AND I see the SSL icon on the browser but the ONLY thing my
stupid browser shows is the UNCOMPILED JSP CODE
Why is that?

When I point my browser to http://mysite.someplace.com:8080/fooey I GET
COMPILED JSP code that RUNS.
What am I doing wrong - Besides running IIS5 (the suits made me do it).

- cd -

Re: I can't get TOMCAT 4b6 and IIS5 to work over SSL

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Curtis Dougherty wrote:

> I have Tomcat 4b6
> IIS 5
> Win2K
>
> I have the redirect working...I think
> I have an SSL Certificate installed and working on my Win2K box
>

> When I request the INDEX.JSP page from my site
> https://mysite.someplace.com/fooey
> I GET the file AND I see the SSL icon on the browser but the ONLY thing my
> stupid browser shows is the UNCOMPILED JSP CODE
> Why is that?
>
> When I point my browser to http://mysite.someplace.com:8080/fooey I GET
> COMPILED JSP code that RUNS.
> What am I doing wrong - Besides running IIS5 (the suits made me do it).
>

> - cd -

Tomcat 4 doesn't yet have a web connector for IIS.  That's in the future
plans.  You're probably just seeing IIS serve the file as static content.

Craig