Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/27 17:43:01 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_slotlimit module questions

I downloaded the source and compiled it. When I read Readme It's
little confusing to me. My questions are:

AvailableSlotsPercent - does it mean that upto 13 LimitSite can be allocated?
LimitSite - does it mean that the site running within the apache
itself or the external site trying to access apache server?
ClientIpLimit - What's the difference between LimitSiteConnections vs
ClientIpLimit?

Below is the output from readme:

<IfModule mod_slotlimit.c>

AvailableSlotsPercent 13

MaxConnectionsPerSite 40

LimitSite www.BadSite.xxx
LimitSiteConnections 25

ClientIpLimit 15

ForceVhostName On

</IfModule>

-------------------------
   Directives
-------------------------

AvailableSlotsPercent
    Syntax:   AvailableSlotsPercent number
    Default:  13

    Percentage of apache slots available in order to set any restrictions.
    Setting it to 0 dynamic slot allocation algorithm will be deactivated.

MaxConnectionsPerSite
    Syntax:   MaxConnectionsPerSite number
    Default:  No Limit

    Max connections for each running site

LimitSite
    Syntax:   LimitSite site's name
    Default:

    Specific site to limit (You can limit differently only one site).
    Setting this directive you must configure LimitSiteConnections or
    default value (20) will be used.

LimitSiteConnections
    Syntax:   LimitSiteConnections number
    Default:  20

    Max connections for "LimitSite"

ClientIpLimit
    Syntax:   ClientIpLimit number
    Default:  No Limit

    Number of maximum simultaneous connection per IP to the web server.

ForceVhostName
    Syntax:   ForceVhostName On|Off
    Default:  Off

    Force vhost hostname in scoreboard. Vhost hostname do not match site
    visited under some conditions, for example if you're using mod_vhost_alias.
    Setting this directive to On, mod_slotlimit will overwrite vhost hostname
    in apache scoreboard.

CustomErrMsg

    Syntax:   CustomErrMsg "My custom error message"
    Default:  "Blocked by mod_slotlimit. More information about this
error may be available in the server error log."

    A custom error message that allows you to replace default error
message with one you create