Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by iliyas shirol <il...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/19 20:36:33 UTC

CloudStack WebUI Loads Up Very Slow

Greetings!

We have 2 management server in HA. The CloudStack WebUI takes more than 15
seconds to load while accessing using any browser. The management server
has good specs though.

Does anyone else in the forum face similar sluggishness ? We use 4.2.1
release.

Thanks.

--
-
Md. Iliyas Shirol

Re: CloudStack WebUI Loads Up Very Slow

Posted by John Kinsella <jl...@stratosec.co>.
Is the sluggishness during the initial (login) load, or on every page? Is this new sluggishness when you went to HA, or was it always there?

The UI is designed to have a heavy initial load and then be mostly AJAX and more responsive after that. The initial UI load is fairly huge - tons of JS, CSS, etc.

I did a blog post[1] recently on how I was able to speed this up a bit - might be of use.

1: http://theresnomon.co/2014/improving-cloudstack-ui-performance/

John

On Feb 20, 2014, at 12:59 AM, iliyas shirol <il...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Thanks for the response.

We have added a VIP to point it to these 2 management servers. As per the
cloudstack documentation we need to add the VIP IP address into the 'host'
variable.

Even though we are facing the same sluggishness.

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 1:59 AM, Daniel Nascimento <
daniel.nascimento@telecall.com<ma...@telecall.com>> wrote:

I have faced this "lag" while using fqdn´s - try it by IP and see if it
will keep slow.

If it gets fastern by IP - you should do as I did and search for FQDN
problems. Maybe the "hosts" file in server are not properly setted, DNS
problems, anything like it.

Bets regards,

Daniel Nascimento
Telecall USA and BRAZIL
IT Manager
Office Phone Brazil: +55(21) 3002-0540
Office Phone US: +1 954 213 6097
Mobile Brazil: +55(21) 99591304
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 19 de fevereiro de 2014 16:37
Para: users@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Assunto: CloudStack WebUI Loads Up Very Slow

Google : iliyas.shirol@ gmail.com<http://gmail.com>

--
-
Md. Iliyas Shirol
Mobile : +91 9902 977 800
Google : iliyas.shirol@ gmail.com<http://gmail.com>

Stratosec<http://stratosec.co/> - Compliance as a Service
o: 415.315.9385
@johnlkinsella<http://twitter.com/johnlkinsella>

Re: CloudStack WebUI Loads Up Very Slow

Posted by iliyas shirol <il...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the response.

RES: CloudStack WebUI Loads Up Very Slow