Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by jasimop <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/22 18:36:32 UTC

Nutch plugin ignored in linux, works on windows

Hi,

I have a very strange issue where I urgently need some help.
I have developed a nutch plugin (own implementations of IndexingFilter and
HtmlParseFilter) using
Windows (+Cygwin) and everything works fine.
Now I need to deploy it to a Linux machine having the same nutch, solr and
java versions (1.2, 3.1.0 and Java 6).
My plugin is registered correctly on both systems as seen by the following
output in hadoop.log:
2011-07-22 14:13:53,853 INFO  plugin.PluginRepository - Plugin
Auto-activation mode: [true]
2011-07-22 14:13:53,853 INFO  plugin.PluginRepository - Registered Plugins:
2011-07-22 14:13:53,853 INFO  plugin.PluginRepository - 	myPlugin
Parser/Filter (myplugin)

On Windows myParser (implementation of HtmlParseFilter) and myIndexer
(implementation of IndexingFilter)
classes are both executed during their stages.
On Linux however only myIndexer is called, which makes no sense as myParser
first needs to extract
metadata used by myIndexer. There seems to be nothing relevant in the logs.
The jar of my plugin is the same on both systems.
Where should I start to search for the problem? On both systems the plugin
is loaded but on Linux only
part of my Plugin implementation (only the indexer) is called. Has anyone
already experienced such a weird behaviour?

I would appreciate a reply as I need to work out this issue in the next few
hours. Thanks.