Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jiann-Ming Su <js...@emory.edu> on 2003/06/19 19:29:24 UTC

RE: Element "web-app" does not allow "servlet" here.

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Shapira, Yoav wrote:

> Something has to have changed in your local installation then ;)
>
> Since the file seems fine by that validator and by your colleague's
> tomcat installation, it must be something wrong with your installation.
> Did you happen to change the digester or xml parser files in your tomcat
> installation?

Yeah, I think that's exactly what happened.  I backed up my server.xml and
web.xml and reinstalled tomcat 4.1.24 and everything works again.  I'm pretty
sure I didn't change anything in the installation, but reinstalling was
relatively painless so I did it right before your email showed up.
Thanks for all the help.

--
Jiann-Ming Su  jsu2@emory.edu  404-712-2603
Development Team Systems Administrator