Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com> on 2011/02/28 22:26:56 UTC

Handling off-list emails

Agreed.  The CXF PMC also held that Jeff's email simply didn't reach a
level warranting public airing, given the general view--in which I've
grown more in agreement with--that *no* email warrants such airing.  Any
types of questionable emails are best sent to the internal
private@cxf.apache.org lists anyway for proper handling.

Further, I'd have to offer a huge caveat that my advice was
non-lawyerly, as you'd probably also have to look into libel and/or
invasion of privacy issues depending on the contents of the email
publicly disclosed.  Such actions are rarely a good idea.

I apologize to Jeff for any grandstanding on my part over his email, as
well as the dev list airing of it, and most especially, any false
implication that bothersome emails are common from him.  I hope he'll
forgive me for it.

Thanks Craig.

Glen

Re: Handling off-list emails