Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by st...@comcast.net on 2017/03/16 22:58:21 UTC

Deleting Catalogs in Sample

Hi,

While figuring out how ofbiz is configured via the sample data I've been slowly editing things to look like a real store (the store which would potentially use ofbiz to replace its existing POS software). One thing I'm kind of stumped on...it's easy to create catalogs...but how do I delete the sample catalogs? Looks like I can edit or add here:
https://localhost:8443/catalog/control/main

...but no delete...am I missing something obvious? I suppose I could go directly into PostgreSQL and look there, but manipulating SQL tables directly would be a bad idea.

In general I'm looking to cut out a lot of extras, such as having multiple categories and multiple stores, to just add a single store with no outside warehouse and a few of its actual products to see what it looks like. I'm finding adding things isn't so hard, it's removing and simplifying which has me wondering. Any advice on culling down the sample data for simplifying is welcome.

Thanks!

Re: Deleting Catalogs in Sample

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi,

First of all in Apache OFBiz, it is recommended that *data* is *never
deleted* but it is rather *expired* .Expiring a data means that there are
fields *from date* and *thru date* in entities and on *setting* the thru
date expires the data.

A* catalog* is stored in entity *ProdCatalog* and  *store* in *ProductStore*.
ProdCatalog and ProductStore are *associated* in *ProductStoreCatalog*.
Setting the *thru date* in ProductStoreCatalog expires a catalog from a
Product Store. Although Catalog manager facilitates with both functionality.

There are 2 ways you can remove a catalog from product store with catalog
manager:
First Way:

   1. Click on *Catalogs* tab (directed to
   https://localhost:8443/catalog/control/*FindCatalog*)
   2. Find the catalog to be removed. Click on Catalog.
   3. It is directed to /*EditProdCatalog*?prodCatalogId=DemoCatalog .
   4. Click on "*Stores*" button just *above New Prod Catalog button*.
   5. On *EditProdCatalogStores*?prodCatalogId=DemoCatalog you will find
   product store list in which catalog is associated with.
   6. You can either *set thru date *to expire it from given product store *or
   use delete button* to remove the associating record.

Second Way:

   1. Click on *Stores* tab (directed to
   https://localhost:8443/catalog/control/*FindProductStore*)
   2. Click on *Product* Store from which catalog to be removed.
   3. It is directed to /*EditProductStore*?productStoreId=9000 .
   4. Click on "*Catalogs*" button just *above heading* "Catalogs for:
   OFBiz e-commerce store".
   5. On *EditProductStoreCatalogs*?productStoreId=9000 you will find
   catalog list to which product store is associated with.
   6. You can either *set thru date *to expire catalog from given product
   store *or use delete button* to remove the associating record.

Alternatively:
You can directly *set thru date* for corresponding record or delete it in "
*ProductStoreCatalog*" entity through "*EntityEngine*" of *webtools* though
it will not be a best practice to do.

Thanks & Regards,
Aditya Sharma
Enterprise Software Engineer
Hotwax Systems
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Though you did not went through the recommended way, you might find this useful and extrapolate from it
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBENDUSER/How+to+delete+tuples+added+to+test+a+setup

HTH

Jacques

Le 16/03/2017 � 23:58, stimits@comcast.net a �crit :