Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Hookom <ho...@uwec.edu> on 2002/07/13 08:49:15 UTC

[HELP!!] Tomcat 4.13 PageContextImpl.popBody() Exception

The taglib I wrote for 4.04 isn't working correctly in 4.13 (big
surprise).  Struts 1.1b executes fine in 4.13.

In my tag library, I use the method:
this.findAncestorWithClass( this, Class.forName("some.Tag") );

This is done get the parent tag and modify its properties.

This works fine in 4.04, but in 4.13 Jasper throws an exception from:
PageContextImpl.popBody().

java.util.EmptyStackException
	at java.util.Stack.peek(Stack.java:79)
	at java.util.Stack.pop(Stack.java:61)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.popBody(PageContextImpl.java:4
40)

I notice there's the nested implementation now, is this something I
should be extending or working from instead of the findAncestor?  Maybe
I'm completely off the source of the problem.  I did read that tags are
stored in a map essentially with a "toPop" Boolean value.  If so, what
dictates this value?

Jacob Hookom
CS Student
University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire

Re: [HELP!!] Tomcat 4.13 PageContextImpl.popBody() Exception

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Jacob Hookom wrote:
> The taglib I wrote for 4.04 isn't working correctly in 4.13 (big
> surprise).  Struts 1.1b executes fine in 4.13.
>
> In my tag library, I use the method:
> this.findAncestorWithClass( this, Class.forName("some.Tag") );
>
> This is done get the parent tag and modify its properties.
>
> This works fine in 4.04, but in 4.13 Jasper throws an exception from:
> PageContextImpl.popBody().
>
> java.util.EmptyStackException
> 	at java.util.Stack.peek(Stack.java:79)
> 	at java.util.Stack.pop(Stack.java:61)
> 	at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.popBody(PageContextImpl.java:4
> 40)
>
> I notice there's the nested implementation now, is this something I
> should be extending or working from instead of the findAncestor?  Maybe
> I'm completely off the source of the problem.  I did read that tags are
> stored in a map essentially with a "toPop" Boolean value.  If so, what
> dictates this value?

That's fixed in 4.1.7.

Remy