Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by srkraju <ra...@cmcltd.com> on 2008/07/03 06:02:36 UTC

RE: MAKE error : While compiling trivial.cpp:Urgent

Dear curt, I tried to commented the calls and getting the following error
while I try to compile on Redhat Linux AS4(g++3.4.3). Kindly assist me to
solve this issue.

thanks& regards
srkraju
Posted by David Tran <dt...@yahoo-inc.com>.
If you installed apr and apr-utils to anywhere besides usr/local, I
think you have to use the --with-apr and --with-apr-util options. I
still had problems getting this to work on my machine, so I eventually
just built it all using ant, which will build apr and apr-utils from
their source as well.

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Jul 3, 2008, at 1:27 AM, srkraju wrote:

> When I give the ./configure command in apache-0.10.0 directory.
> 	It is giving following error:
> 		configure: error: APR could not be located. Please use the
> --with-apr option.
>
> What may the problem? Is with-apr option is required or can we skip
> that
> from compiling.

--with-apr and --with-apr-util are required if apr and apr-util are
not in the expected location (typically /usr/lib).  If you built and
installed APR and APR-Util yourself, you may need to specify:

./configure --with-apr=/usr/local/lib --with-apr-util=/usr/local/lib

RE: MAKE error : While compiling trivial.cpp:Urgent

Posted by srkraju <ra...@cmcltd.com>.

~
~> Dear curt, I tried to commented the calls and getting the following
~> error
~> while I try to compile on Redhat Linux AS4(g++3.4.3). Kindly assist
~> me to
~> solve this issue.
~>
~> thanks& regards
~> srkraju
~
~ From my previous message:
~>
~> ~

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Jul 2, 2008, at 11:02 PM, srkraju wrote:

> Dear curt, I tried to commented the calls and getting the following
> error
> while I try to compile on Redhat Linux AS4(g++3.4.3). Kindly assist
> me to
> solve this issue.
>
> thanks& regards
> srkraju