Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com> on 2014/05/31 14:20:51 UTC

JDBC integration tests ... integrated :-)

Hi guys,

Wanted to share a little details on METAMODEL-45 which I just finished
working on. Basically it's about simplifying the way tests - and in
particular integration tests that call outside our codebase (to remote DBs
etc) - are handled in MetaModel.

The way it is handled is by a properties file that contains all the
connection information. If properties are available/satisfied, then the
tests will run, otherwise they will be ignored/skipped. The file needs to
be placed in your user home directory and the name must be
*metamodel-integrationtest-configuration.properties*.

There's a example of the file in the root of our source tree [1]. It
contains connection information for CouchDB, MongoDB, HBase, PostgreSQL,
MySQL, Oracle, DB2, Firebird, MS SQL server (with 2 different drivers),
Salesforce.com and SugarCRM.

With a mind on the recent bugfixes for SQL Server, maybe we should spend
more time maintaining these integration tests, and I think that will now
also be easier since they're part of the regular test sources.

Cheers,
Kasper

[1]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-metamodel.git;a=blob_plain;f=example-metamodel-integrationtest-configuration.properties;h=093dec0614902b2e743272ca05a8623fff4324cb;hb=master