Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/05 01:03:52 UTC

batch read depth

I'm tuning the performance of my spi/davex remoting, and I'm a bit
unclear about the batch read depth.  What are the units of depth?  Is
it an "item"?  In other words, if I get a node X, do I need a batch
depth of 1 to also retrieve the properties of node X.  Or would a
depth of 1 read all of X's child nodes?

Also, does the depth always start from the node being returned by
node.getNode()?  Or is it relative to the root node of the repo?

Re: batch read depth

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 1:03 AM, ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm tuning the performance of my spi/davex remoting, and I'm a bit
> unclear about the batch read depth.  What are the units of depth?  Is
> it an "item"?  In other words, if I get a node X, do I need a batch
> depth of 1 to also retrieve the properties of node X.  Or would a
> depth of 1 read all of X's child nodes?

0: returns specified node incl. properties and child node names (empty objects)
1: returns specified node incl. properties and child nodes (props and
grand child names)
n: and so forth...
-1: returns entire subtree

> Also, does the depth always start from the node being returned by
> node.getNode()?

yes

> Or is it relative to the root node of the repo?

you'll find more information here:
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.1/org/apache/jackrabbit/server/remoting/davex/JcrRemotingServlet.html

cheers
stefan