Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org> on 2018/12/12 12:04:46 UTC

[DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.7.1

Hello,

I propose releasing Flink 1.7.1 before the end of next week.

Some critical issue have been identified since 1.7.0, including a state
migration issue when migrating from 1.5.3 (FLINK-11087) and a packaging
issue in the presto-s3-filesystem (FLINK-11085, to be merged later today).

Given the upcoming holidays surrounding Christmas these fixes would
otherwise be delayed for quite a while.

It would also contain a very neat improvement with the TableAPI now
being usable in the Scala shell (FLINK-9555).

Regards,

Chesnay

Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.7.1

Posted by Hequn Cheng <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chesnay,

Thanks for the efforts.
+1 for the release. It's nice to have these fixes.

Best, Hequn

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chesnay,