Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Mike Wilson <mw...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/25 08:49:50 UTC

JPetStore - Using billState property in Cart.java

Hello,

  Basically, what I need to do is in the Cart.java grab the users' billState value (in Order.java) so I can use it as a qualifier for which tax rate is applied.

  I am trying to set the account.billState value in Order.java that I can use in the Cart.java. This is so I can calc different tax rates based on different states and display the result on the checkout pages. However, it doesn't seem like I can do this. I've tried several things besides this, adding a reference to account.billState in the Cart.java or adding an initCart method and grabbing the account.billState that way (like the initOrder in Order.java). Seems like unless I hard code a value in my totalTax method in Cart.java, I get a null pointer exception. Hope this makes sense and someone can help.

  Thanks in advance,
  MW