Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> on 2007/03/07 01:22:00 UTC

Re: bamboo license

On 2/26/07, Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org> wrote:

> Carlos Sanchez wrote:
>
> > - do you have the intention of installing this in apache
> > infrastructure or for personal use?
> >

> The intention was to give it a try for Cocoon. There has not been any
> community involvement for this yet, it's just me who's curious about how
> it compares to other CI frameworks. (which makes me a bit unsure now
> whether my email here was timed correctly in the first place)

Someone is using Bamboo already *ponders*. I think it might have been
activemq. And I've seen bamboo notifications on the struts mailing
list (I think).

> > - does it make sense for ASF to promote a competing product to one of
> > ours (Apache Maven Continuum) ? I guess if previous answer is
> > "personal use" it wouldn't matter.
>
> I understand your point, but IMO requesting a community license for
> practical reasons is not the same as promoting the product.

We're using Anthill, CruiseControl, home-grown hacks, Hudson, Bamboo,
Gump and Continuum already, so the wossname has flown the thingy on
that one. I wouldn't be surprised to see others being used too.

As to mailing lists and community licenses. Infra's probably the best
mailing list for this. Licenses are either to an individual on behalf
of a community, or to the ASF. If Infra are managing it then it's to
the ASF, if it's on a zone or an external machine then it's an
individual on behalf of the community.

Hen

Re: bamboo license

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@apache.org>.
Struts is using http://opensource.bamboo.atlassian.com/ for the hosting.
Any other ASF projects are welcome to use it as well.  Just drop me a note
and I'll pass it along.

Don