Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Maier, Georg" <ge...@itg.fzk.de> on 2010/12/13 14:10:38 UTC

Getting started with iPOJO and Equinox / Eclipse

Hi!

I'm new to iPOJO and currently trying to get started. I managed to run
the examples from the website, but there is one general point I don't
understand yet.

If I got everything right, I can easily use iPOJO within an Eclipse /
Equinox based application. Furthermore, I can chose whether to work with
xml files or with annotations to implement e.g. the service binding.

The thing that really caught my attention to investigate iPOJO instead
of making use of DS or Blueprint is the availability to work with
annotations, so I tried setting up a little example project.
Unfortunately without success, so I compared it to the example provided
at the homepage and I figured out there is an additional
"iPOJO-Component" entry in the MANIFEST.MF.

So, my question now is: working within the eclipse environment, do I
have to extend the MANIFEST.MF manually, or is there some automated way?

I'm sure I'm missing something quite primitive here, so please consider
that I am absolutely new to iPOJO J

If there is an explanation on this topic on the website that I just
missed, please point me there.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance J

Cheers

Georg

Re: Getting started with iPOJO and Equinox / Eclipse

Posted by ajinkya prabhune <aj...@gmail.com>.
thanks
i am looking forward to the new documents

Thank you and Regards
Ajinkya Prabhune

Re: Getting started with iPOJO and Equinox / Eclipse

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.

On 13.12.10 16:20, "Maier, Georg" <ge...@itg.fzk.de> wrote:

>Hi Clement,
>
>thank you very much, the online manipulator seems to provide exactly
>what I was looking for!
>I still didn't figure out how to manipulate the URL in order to add the
>prefix (without installing the bundle manually or adjusting the
>according eclipse config file with a text editor ;)), I guess it should
>be part of the run configuration. But I guess this is more of an eclipse
>topic.

Well, I'm not an Eclipse expert... And as you say, it's an Eclipse topic.

>Thanks again!

You're welcome

Clement

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.