Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2022/03/10 15:27:59 UTC

[OT] ClassLoaders in Java 9+

All,

I ran into a situation where having a null parent ClassLoader appears to
have no visibility outside of the core Java platform packages. This is
expected, as confirmed by this bug report:

If I want my custom ClassLoader to be able to see, for example, the
classes in the java.sql module, I think I want to use the "platform
class loader" as the parent instead of null.

Does that sound correct? Or should it be the system class loader? Or a
different one altogether?

Thanks,
-chris