Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Mi...@bcbsil.com on 2003/03/27 20:00:20 UTC

FileUpload compatible with J2EE 1.2?

I was wondering if the commons FileUpload code is compatible with
J2EE 1.2 (Servlet Specification level of 2.2 and JSP 1.1) ?

I ask because I wanted to use it on a WebSphere 4.x server and
saw another file upload utility that uses the "servlet filter capability
which
requires Servlet API 2.3..." ?

Thanks,  -Mike

**********
The information contained in this communication is confidential, private, proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of the addressee.  Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately at (312)653-6000 in Illinois; (972)766-6900 in Texas; or (800)835-8699 in New Mexico.
**********

Re: FileUpload compatible with J2EE 1.2?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 Mike_Spicuzza@bcbsil.com wrote:

> Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:00:20 -0600
> From: Mike_Spicuzza@bcbsil.com
> To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: FileUpload compatible with J2EE 1.2?
>
> I was wondering if the commons FileUpload code is compatible with
> J2EE 1.2 (Servlet Specification level of 2.2 and JSP 1.1) ?
>
> I ask because I wanted to use it on a WebSphere 4.x server and
> saw another file upload utility that uses the "servlet filter capability
> which
> requires Servlet API 2.3..." ?

The commons-fileupload package does not require Servlet 2.3.

> Thanks,  -Mike

Craig